HOME   | TAMIL STARS   | TAMIL MOVIES   | VIDEOS   
Welcome              

Egyptian arrested over the Louvre terror attack remains silent as anti-terror police begin questioning him in Paris


La police antiterroriste, l'Egyptien arrêté à Paris, l'Egyptien arrêté sur l'attaque terroriste du Louvre, l'attaquant du Louvre, le père du pirate Louvre, le musée du Louvre à Paris, l'attaque du Louvre parisien, le Louvre dans la capitale française,,Anti-terror police, Egyptian arrested in Paris,Egyptian arrested over the Louvre terror attack,Louvre attacker, Louvre attacker's father, Louvre museum in Paris, Paris Louvre attack, Louvre in the French capital,

The man arrested over the Louvre terror attack is refusing to talk to anti-terror police as they begin questioning him in Paris.

The suspect, believed to be Egyptian national Abdallah El-Hamahmy, was shot in the stomach and seriously wounded after lunging at soldiers with two machetes on Friday.

The attack was the latest in a string of assaults in France and thrust the issue of security back into the headlines three months ahead of the presidential election.

Investigators decided to question him at his hospital bed after his condition improved, a source said.

The man 'is refusing to speak to investigators for now', but anti-terror police planned to question him again later this evening.

The suspect has been held at a Paris hospital since the attack near the museum on Friday morning.

ALSO READ :Father of Louvre attacker says son is not a terrorist

Based on his phone and visa records, he is thought to be Abdallah El-Hamahmy, a 29-year-old Egyptian national living in the United Arab Emirates, who entered France legally on a flight from Dubai on January 26.

Investigators believe Hamahmy rented an expensive apartment near the Champs Elysees. 

Investigators say the attacker, who was carrying two machetes and wearing a black T-shirt with a skull design, lunged at four soldiers shouting 'Allahu Akbar'.

President Francois Hollande said that 'there is little doubt as to the terrorist nature of this act'.

French investigators have contacted Egyptian officials in hopes of confirming the suspect's identity through DNA testing, a source close to the inquiry said.

ALSO READ : Soldier Fires on Attacker Near Louvre Museum - UPDATED 

They also plan to contact officials in the UAE and in Turkey, since Hamahmy's passport had two visas from Turkey, in 2015 and 2016.

Police are also examining Hamahmy's Twitter account after around a dozen messages were posted in Arabic just minutes before the attack.

'In the name of Allah... for our brothers in Syria and fighters across the world,' he wrote, before referring to the Islamic State jihadist group in another tweet a minute later.

Speaking in Cairo on Saturday, a retired police general, Reda El-Hamahmy, said he believed the wounded suspect was his son, who had been in Paris on a business trip.

'He went on a company trip and when it was over visited the museum. He was supposed to leave on Saturday,' he said, saying his son was married and his pregnant wife was currently staying in Saudi Arabia with their seven-month-old son.  

After being closed immediately after the attack, the museum reopened Saturday under a heavy presence of police and soldiers.